Mevlana Exchange Programme
Mevlana Exchange Programme is a programme which aims at the exchange of students and academic staff between the Turkish higher education institutions and higher education institutions of other countries. With the regulation published in August 23, 2011 (num: 28034), students and academic staff exchange between Turkish higher education institutions and higher education institutions of other countries has been possible.
The programme includes all higher education institutions throughout the world without discriminating between the geographical borders. The higher education institutions of EU countries benefiting from Erasmus programme will not be included in Mevlana Exchange Programme in 2014-2015 academic year.
Students may study abroad for one (minimum) or two (maximum) terms and academic staff may lecture abroad from one week (minimum) to three months (maximum). Accordingly, students and academic staff from any country may benefit from this programme being hosted by Turkish higher education institutions in order to study or lecture.
The requirements for being a Mevlana Exchange Programme Student are:
• to be studying at associate degree, bachelor degree, master degree or phd degree of higher education programmes;
• Grade point average (GPA) of associate degree and undergraduate students must be at least 2,5 on a four point scale;
• Grade point average (GPA) of graduate students (MA, PhD) must be at least 3.00 on a four point scale;
• 50% language score + 50% GPA
• The students studying in their first year at associate or bachelor degree and the students of preparation classes and scientific preparation programmes of graduate degrees can not participate in this programme at their first semester.
The requirements for being a Mevlana Exchange Programme Academic Staff:
• There is not a specific requirement in the regulation
• Language level
• Staff who have not benefited from the programme previously.