Iğdır University Academic Assessment and Quality Improvement Council (IU-ADEK)
Academic evaluation and quality improvement studies in Iğdır University are conducted under the responsibility and coordination of Iğdır University Academic Assessment and Quality Improvement Council (IU-ADEK) established within the frame of “Regulations of Academic Assessment and Quality Improvement in Higher Education Institutions”.
The University Senate has approved Iğdır University Academic Assessment and Quality Improvement Council Directive which sets working rules and principles of IU-ADEK with its decision numbered 05/03 and dated 04.03.2014.
Selection of Members of IU-ADEK
• IU-ADEK members are identified by the Senate of Iğdır University.
• Council consists of minimum 9 members or 18 members at maximum, including the chairman.
• In addition to the Rector, the members of the council include at least one vice-rector, one dean, one director of graduate school, one director of four-year school, one director of vocational college, one director of research center, Secretary-General and representative of the Student Council.
• Vice-Rector is the Chairman of IU-ADEK.
Duties of IU-ADEK
• To ensure coordination and compatibility of strategic planning process in Iğdır University to Financial Administration and Control Law numbered 5018 and its secondary regulations, to conduct all kinds of studies for the assessment of academic and administrative services, quality improvement and quality approval in relation to the strategic plan and objectives of the University and announce their results,
• To execute “internal assessment” studies in Iğdır University, and to prepare internal assessment report or to get an internal assessment report prepared,
• To make necessary preparations and to give all kinds of support to external assessment institution, organization or council in case Iğdır University decides to have an external assessment,
• To work closely with Higher Education Academic Assessment and Quality Improvement Commission, to conduct studies in line with the methods and principles set by the Commission and tos hare model implementations with the Commission,
• To communicate decisions of Higher Education Academic Assessment and Quality Improvement Commission to the academic units of Iğdır University, to follow-up on their implementation, to ensure their compatibility with University-wide activities and to monitor the results of these implementations.
• To support Higher Education Academic Assessment and Quality Improvement Commission in preparation of reports to upper higher education councils.
• To share model quality improvement studies with other academic units,
• To evaluate opinions, recommendations and study results from IU-ADEK Executive Council, to ensure their compatibility with regulations and to take decisions for these opinions, recommendations or results,
• To coordinate the establishment of internal control standards in the University in paralel to Financial Administration and Control Law numbered 5018 and its secondary regulations,
• To prepare Iğdır University’s Internal Assessment Action Plan, to define University-specific standards in case of need.